GreenStage is looking for House Managers to join our 2019 Shakespeare in the Park team. Our summer season consists of three tours, each of which needs a house manager. We produce two full length Shakespeare plays, each with a cast of 12-15, and our Backyard Bard series which consists of two shortened productions, both performed by the same four actors.
RELIABLE VEHICLE REQUIRED – Each production tours to up to 12 different locations in and around Seattle. House Managers are required to transport signs, programs, concessions, and other items to performance spaces.
The season runs from July 12 through August 17. We perform in public parks in Seattle, Fall City, Lynnwood, Burien, and Maple Valley. Performances are Thursday – Sunday evenings, with matinees on weekends. Each production has around 20 total performances – 3-4 per weekend.
$400 stipend paid at end of run
TO APPLY contact Michelle Rodriguez from our contact page
SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK
- The Taming of the Shrew – directed by Jennifer Crooks
- Henry IV, part 2 – directed by Chris Shea
- The Merry Wives of Windsor and Measure for Measure
Both directed by Erin Day
- Must have reliable transportation and up to date drivers license.
- Be outgoing and personable
- Must own a smartphone for processing credit card transactions
- Must be personable, a good communicator, and have a loud voice for addressing the audience
- Must be able to accurately reconcile income.
- Set up signboards to direct audiences to the performance space
- Arrive at performance location at least 1 hour prior to curtain.
- Manage distribution of concession items such as tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, etc.
- Hand out programs as audience arrives
- Make pre-show curtain speech to audience
- Reconcile income and make nightly reports, as well as preparing bank deposits.
- May be required to be at production meetings and will be required to attend tech rehearsals.
TO APPLY email resume and letter of introduction to Michelle Rodriguez