Learn many aspects of working with a professional theatre company by touring as an apprentice with GreenStage’s annual Shakespeare in the Park season. Apprentices get first-hand experience working both onstage and off.
Apprentices will be chosen through an interview/audition with Education Director and Production Manager. There will be a maximum of 8 apprentices for the 2016 summer season.
- Rehearsals: Monday – Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons May 31 – July 7.
- Performances: July 8 to August 13, Thursday – Sunday evenings, and some Saturday and Sunday matinees. Full schedule available at interview/audition.
BENEFITS of being an Apprentice
- Be cast in a small part in one of GreenStage’s summer Shakespeare in the Park shows.
- Alternate performing in the show with assisting the House Manager.
- Have the option of working on costumes, marketing, or other production teams, with willing mentors on the GreenStage staff.
- Will receive workshops in areas such as auditioning, movement, fight choreography, and/or Shakespearean language.
REQUIREMENTS of the Apprentice Program
- Must be High School Juniors or Seniors starting in the Fall of 2016.
- Must be available for, and participate in, all required rehearsals (see dates above).
- Must have reliable transportation. We tour to parks in Seattle, Lynnwood, Fall City, Redmond, Bainbridge Island, and Burien.
- Must have limited conflicts in order to work on projects with the technical team they join, and be available for all performance dates (see above).
- Must sign a letter of agreement with GreenStage guaranteeing attendance at all rehearsals and performances, as well as behaving appropriately at all GreenStage events, including cast parties and other social opportunities.
- Have the highest level of achievement and/or commitment to the GreenStage community.
- Are expected to perform as professionals.
Interview/auditions are by appointment only. To request an interview, or for more information, please send a request to Eve Hammond, Education Director, through our contact form or leave a message at 206-748-1551
Photo Credit: Apprentices from A Midsummer Night's Dream, photo by Ken Holmes