Four actors will bring all the laughter, all the adventure, and all the magic of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Hamlet to smaller parks in the greater Seattle area, July 14–August 19, 2017. It is our hope, and our mission, to take Backyard Bard to all the places where a bit of poetry in the sun might bring new possibilities to new audiences, start new conversations with new friends of GreenStage, and make it even easier for people to… go see a play.
Smaller Shakespeare in the Park for smaller spaces; two one-hour productions performed by the same four actors, touring to smaller parks in and around Seattle each summer.
Since 2008, GreenStage has offered abbreviated, four-actor productions for theme parties, community functions, schools, and the occasional backyard, serving as a gentle introduction to the best parts of the larger play, and bringing the story vibrantly to life in more intimate venues with verve and brevity. Available for private events! Contact us for more information.
Samie Jo Johnson
Chelsea “Mo” Moniz: Stage Manager
Assistant Stage Manager
Konstantin Lazarov: Technical Director/Set Designer
Ryan Spickard: Fight Choreographer
Gail Wamba: Prop Designer
Some photos by Will Peterman from this year’s Backyard Bard performances. Click to see larger versions!
- Fri, Jul 20 @ 7:00 pm at Wallingford Playfield
- Sat, Jul 21 @ 7:00 pm at Wallingford Playfield
- Sun, Jul 22 @ 3:00 pm at Salmon Bay Park
- Sun, Jul 22 @ 4:15 pm at Salmon Bay Park
- Sun, Jul 29 @ 3:00 pm at David Rodgers Park
- Sun, Jul 29 @ 4:15 pm at David Rodgers Park
- Fri, Aug 3 @ 7:00 pm at Othello Park
- Sat, Aug 4 @ 7:00 pm at Othello Park
- Sun, Aug 5 @ 3:00 pm at Sandel Park
- Sun, Aug 5 @ 4:15 pm at Sandel Park
- Fri, Aug 10 @ 7:00 pm at Cowen Park
- Sat, Aug 11 @ 7:00 pm at Cowen Park
- Sun, Aug 12 @ 3:00 pm at Delridge Playfield
- Sun, Aug 12 @ 4:15 pm at Delridge Playfield
- Fri, Aug 17 @ 7:00 pm at Pratt Park
- Sat, Aug 18 @ 1:00 pm at Volunteer Park
- Sat, Aug 18 @ 2:00 pm at Volunteer Park
All dates, times, and locations subject to change