GreenStage is looking for a props person to acquire, design, and if necessary, build props for our 2024 Shakespeare in the Park season. The props person is responsible for outfitting our summer shows with hand props and small scenic pieces. Our season consists of three tours: two full-length Shakespeare plays, and our Backyard Bard series which consists of two shortened productions, both performed by the same four actors.
GreenStage is seeking a Prop Designer for our three summer touring productions of Shakespeare in the Park.
Our 2024 season runs from July 12 through August 18.
- Twelfth Night – directed by Erin Day
- Henry VI, Parts 2 & 3 – directed by Zanne Gerrard
- BACKYARD BARD – All’s Well that Ends Well and Julius Caesar– directed by Sarah Stillion
Backyard Bard is two 1-hour plays both performed by the same cast of four actors.
GreenStage is an all-volunteer organization. However, we provide a stipend to all actors and members of the production team as a thank-you and to help cover travel expenses.
Our shows are produced simply, and prop needs are usually fairly straightforward. The Prop Designer is expected to acquire, design, and (if necessary) build props for all three tours. These include hand props and small scenic pieces. The Prop Designer will have access to GreenStage’s current prop stock and be provided with a props budget. We may also be able to provide a place to build if needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with all directors regarding prop needs in a timely manner.
- Provide rehearsal props as needed until final props are available.
- Acquire, design, and/or build required pieces.
- Meet agreed on deadlines for prop delivery.
- Be available on an on-call, as-needed basis for emergency repairs throughout the season.
A $500 stipend is paid at the end of the run.
TO APPLY: Email resume and letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org