GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world. This year you can help kick off the generosity season by inspiring people to give back on November 30, 2021 and Tuesdays throughout the year. GreenStage’s summer season is funded mainly through donations from our supporters. Please consider giving to GreenStage this year and help us bring FREE Shakespeare in the Park to the greater Seattle community.
Just in case you needed some reasons to donate to GreenStage on Giving Tuesday, here’s a few things to ponder.
- GreenStage has been presenting free theater in the Seattle area for over 30 years
- Your support brings our programs to over 10,000 Seattle area residents and visitors every year.
- We provide summer camps for kids in Seattle area parks every summer, in partnership with Seattle Parks and Recreation.
- By performing in over 20 parks each summer, we hope to help remove economic and geographic barriers that prevent people from seeing live theater
- GreenStage knows Shakespeare. We are one of only around a dozen companies globally that has produced Shakespeare’s entire canon of plays.
- Our productions of Shakespeare’s plays are staged simply, focusing on the characters, relationships, and story.
- GreenStage is the longest running Shakespeare company in Washington State, and has consistently grown to engage new audiences in new neighborhoods.
- We present the annual Seattle Outdoor Theater Festival, created in partnership with multiple local companies and Seattle Parks and Recreation. This 2 day festival has become the unofficial launching pad for Seattle’s outdoor theater season.
Shakespeare’s plays are enjoyed all over the world, and have endured for centuries because they speak to the human condition. They aren’t just about places and specific events, but how humans – high born and low – navigate the world. What Shakespeare wrote about is just as vital today as it was 400 years ago.
GO SEE A PLAY!