GreenStage is seeking a creative and technically savvy website manager to join our staff.
GreenStage is a non-profit theatre company founded in 1989 that presents free Shakespeare in the Park in and around the Seattle area each summer. Our summer season consists of two full length, full cast Shakespeare productions, our Backyard Bard series of plays where 4 actors perform two 1 hour Shakespeare productions, and the Seattle Outdoor Theater Festival that celebrates outdoor theater with a two day festival that includes 14 performances by 8 local theater companies. Our mission is to inspire audiences to engage with live theater as part of their recreation. All our performances are provided free to the public.
The position of Web Manager is a contract position that is paid a small monthly stipend.
The purpose of the position is to keep the company website secure and updated with current content
.Duties and responsibilities are both technical and creative, and include:
- Installing security updates of the content management system as needed (currently on WordPress)
- Troubleshoot any software issues that may impact the site
- Manage backups to the site
- Manage/create email addresses and any server-side spam protection
- Make improvements and add features to the site as needed
- Creating graphics for use on the site as well as for use on Facebook and other social platforms as needed.
- Managing the content on the site to make sure current information is easily found and that the site remains fresh
- Creating and updating photo galleries
- Design changes to site as needed
- Proficient with WordPress (ability to work with Drupal and other platforms is a plus)
- Proficient with graphics programs such as Photoshop
- Familiarity with PHP and CSS, as well as experience working with SQL databases
- A love of live theater and Shakespeare J
To apply, please email resume and letter of introduction to Ken Holmes.