GreenStage is seeking a contract bookkeeper to join our staff.
GreenStage is a non-profit theatre company founded in 1989 that presents free Shakespeare in the Park in and around the Seattle area each summer. Our summer season consists of two full length, full cast Shakespeare productions, our Backyard Bard series of plays where 4 actors perform two 1 hour Shakespeare productions, and the Seattle Outdoor Theater Festival that celebrates outdoor theater with a two day festival that includes 14 performances by 8 local theater companies. Our Education Department runs several camps for kids each summer. Our mission is to inspire audiences to engage with live theater as part of their recreation. All our performances are provided free to the public.
The position of Bookkeeper is a contract position that is paid a monthly stipend.
The purpose of the position is to provide accurate accounting, bill payment, and financial reporting for the company
Duties and responsibilities include
- Balancing checking and savings accounts
- Paying incoming bills
- Recording income from individual and corporate donors
- Recording and properly assigning income from credit card transactions
- Recording and reporting summer show income
- Reimbursing expenses as needed
- Managing pay for permanent and seasonal staff as needed
- Preparing all IRS filings and paperwork in a timely fashion
- Responsible for keeping all licenses and memberships up to date
- Creating monthly financial report for the board of directors
- Working with Staff and Board on creating and implementing annual budget
- Assist with Grant applications and reporting
- Proficient in Quickbooks and MS Office products (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Square credit card readers and reporting is a plus
- A love of live theater and Shakespeare
To apply, please email resume and letter of introduction to Ken Holmes