Learn many aspects of working with a professional theatre company by touring as an intern with GreenStage’s annual Shakespeare in the Park season. Interns get first-hand experience working both onstage and off.
Interns will be chosen through an interview/audition with Education Director and Production Manager. There will be a maximum of 8 Interns for the 2018 summer season.
- Rehearsals: Monday – Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons starting early June.
- Performances: July 13 to August 18, Thursday – Sunday evenings, and some Saturday and Sunday matinees. Full schedule available at interview/audition.
BENEFITS of being an Intern
- Be cast in a small part in one of GreenStage’s summer Shakespeare in the Park shows.
- Have the option of working on costumes, marketing, or other production teams, with willing mentors on the GreenStage staff
REQUIREMENTS of the Intern Program
- Must be High School Juniors or Seniors
- Must be available for, and participate in, all required rehearsals (see dates above).
- Must have reliable transportation. We tour to parks in Seattle, Lynnwood, Fall City, and Burien.
- Must have limited conflicts in order to work on projects with the technical team they join, and be available for all performance dates (see above).
- Must sign a letter of agreement with GreenStage guaranteeing attendance at all rehearsals and performances, as well as behaving appropriately at all GreenStage events, including cast parties and other social opportunities.
- Have the highest level of achievement and/or commitment to the GreenStage community.
- Are expected to perform as professionals.
Interview/auditions are by appointment only. To request an interview, or for more information, please send a request to Sarah Stillion, Education Director, through our contact form or leave a message at 206-748-1551
Photo Credit: Interns from A Midsummer Night's Dream, photo by Ken Holmes